1998-2001 Nursery Leaders (yes, almost 3yrs! This was at BYU and we were one of the only couples who didn't have children)
2001-2002 Patrick=Valiant boys, Leslie=Young Women Secretary (Tongan ward in Provo)
2002-2003 CTR 5 (Tooele)
2003-2004 CTR 5 (Lehi)
2004-2005 Patrick= Valiant boys, Leslie=Primary Secretary (Spanish Fork Tongan Branch)
2005-2006 Patrick= Valiant boys, Leslie=Primary Counselor (Spanish Fork Tongan Ward)
2006-2007 Patrick= Valiant boys, Leslie=Primary President (Spanish Fork Tongan Ward)
2007-2008 CTR 5 (Spanish Fork Tongan Ward)
2008 CTR 5 (Saratoga Springs)
So other than the 1 year I had in YW and a few weeks off here and there for baby births and being new to a ward, we have been in primary for the last 10 years! I can probably count the number of times on my hands that I have actually been able to go to Relief Society. And Patrick has never really been able to attend Priesthood either. Over this last year we had kind of come to the conclusion that we were probably going to be in the primary for the rest of our lives (dramatic, I know). So now that you see why we were nervous about the situation I'm sure you're dying to know what our new callings are?
drum roll please....
I am SOOO excited to be the new Relief Society Enrichment Leader and Patrick will be the new Deacons Advisor! I'm not really sure what I'm getting myself into especially since I will probably be running most of the show when it comes to activities. Our branch is so small I don't think I will be able to call a "committee" to help me but I'm still excited to finally be able to feel like I am part of the RS and to learn what the Enrichment Program is all about (any advice would be welcomed and appreciated). I know Patrick is just as excited for his calling. It is much more his element to teach the older boys and I know he is looking forward to it. We were really moved in the branch president's office when he first told us that he had a "strong impression that we should not be in the primary" before he gave us the callings. We are grateful for the opportunities we have had over the years to serve with the children and we definitely have learned a lot not only from them but from all the people we have served with. So in the words of Julie Andrews from the Sound of Music we say to our primary days, "So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu" and are eager to jump into our new callings.






No comments:
Post a Comment