
Easter came so early this year that I feel like it kinda snuck up on us. That same weekend we were moving Landmark (the high school where I work) to a brand new building. We had about 3 days to move the entire school, yeah, it was a huge job but it is so awesome to be in such a nice, new, BIG building. An'Jalee and I have had a lot of fun spending the district's money to decorate! We are having an open house at the end of the month so I'll post some pics of the new building later. Because I was working that Saturday we kinda had to smash all of the Easter festivities into one day so Sunday morning we woke up and the girls went on an Easter egg scavenger hunt to find prizes and treats that the Easter Bunny left. After the hunt at our house we all got ready for church and went to a missionary farewell for one of Patrick's former baseball players. Then we went back to our ward for primary and then headed up to Patrick's mom's house for another egg hunt and Easter dinner. We were lucky to have such good weather that day, since then I think we've had 2 or 3 more snow storms! Not very Spring-y! All in all it was a good day, busy, but good. Next year we'll separate the Saturday events from the Easter Sunday lesson so we can still have the fun activities that go along with Easter but then we can focus specifically on the meaning and reason for Easter on Sunday, the atoning sacrifice and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that without his sacrifice we would have no chance at returning and living with our Father in Heaven and other loved ones who have passed on. I love being able to teach that to my girls. And I love this time of year! Easter to me marks the beginning of Spring which represents rebirth. The rebirth of the Savior, and the rebirth of nature. I hope we are done with winter (fingers crossed) and I am SO looking forward to warmer weather! We hope all of you had a wonderful Easter weekend too!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Sorry I accidently deleted that?But Halle has been tagged...Lia was tagged from Katy and Andy...now Lia has tagged Halle!
Your girls are so stinken cute, I love your blog, this is so much fun see all that you guys are doing, it is a great way to keep up with every one. take care and hope to see you soon. Summer
Post a Comment