So what are we up to right NOW?
Well.....
Patrick coached wrestling this year for the first (and probably last) time. It was a new experience for all of us. I wasn't expecting him to be gone every single weekend from Thursday-Saturday/Sunday for two and a half months. I only made it to one of his meets, things didn't quite work out traveling with the new baby but he knew we were still supporting him from home. They ended up 9th overall at state. I think the coaches were frustrated because they could have done much better. He is going to take a break from coaching for the rest of the year. He has some internship hours to finish for his second Masters degree. I am happy that he will be home more from now on (we might actually get some drapes up over the windows and some pictures on the wall) but it will definitely be weird to not have a baseball game to go to this spring. He might also be making a job move, we're not sure, maybe a new school, or something new with high school athletics? We shall see.
Jalen is doing great in school and loves reading. She is on level H/I and that is where she should be by the end of first grade so she a little ahead. She will be baptized this year and that is just crazy to me. She has such a big heart and a kind spirit and can't wait to be baptized. She is in the process of learning and memorizing the Articles of Faith and is doing a great job. She loves dancing, even though she has a better build for sports, and is now on a competition team at her dance studio. Her first competition is this Saturday so it should be fun. We are planning on doing spring soccer through the city again this year too. She is a great soccer player.
Halle is still Halle, silly and random as ever. Most of you knew my concerns about putting her in Kindergarten this year because she would be the youngest (August birthday) and I didn't really know if she was ready or how I felt about her and Jalen only being one year apart in school. Well, she is doing great. She does stay after school a couple of days a week for tutoring and it is really helping her. She has improved so much from last summer to now, we're really proud of her. She is also our little ballerina and couldn't be happier being on a competition dance team like Jalen is. She has competition this weekend too. We're not sure about putting her in soccer again, she absolutely hated it last year and stood in the center of the field most of the games. She probably will want to do it anyway since Jalen is. Halle is pretty much Jalen's shadow.
Tatem is almost 3! What!? She is my little diva, with a Tongan attitude I might add! She is in that changes-clothes-40-times-a-day-purse-carrying-doll-loving-only-eating-meat-coloring-every-chance-she-gets "phase" and definitely keeps me on my toes! She is a good big sister to little Asher and has a smile and personality like no one else...I love that girl! She was potty trained in a weekend, literally. Lucky me! I knew she was waaaayyy past being ready so about a month ago I decided to go cold turkey on the diapers (and pull-ups, never even bought any) and go straight to undies, even at night. I put her in some Dora underwear and told her "don't pee on Dora". Well, she did but was really sad about it and didn't want to do it again. After a few accidents those first two days she hasn't had any accidents at home, and only two accidents at Grandma's house that first week. I think I can officially say now that she is potty-trained!!!! Woo Hoo!! Buying only one size of diapers now means I might have some money to get a pedicure!
Asher will be 5 months old this Sunday and I really can't believe how time is flying. His tear ducts still aren't open so we battle everyday with yucky, goopy eyes...no fun. But he is such a good and happy baby. He laughs hysterically, it is so cute. I need to put a video up of him laughing on here, watch for it on my YouTube channel in the sidebar. He is rolling over like crazy and loves his tummy time. He is tall and skinny and yep, still white! :) He was in the 97% for height and only the 40% for weight at his 4mo. check-up (27inches and 14lbs. 11oz.) I really should probably transition him from our room to his crib but I really don't want to yet! :( I just want him to stay little! The girls are so happy to have a little brother, they just want to hold him and play with him and kiss him all the time. He is a good sport through it all. Patrick is a proud daddy with his little mini-me.
And me, well, I have been trying to get motivated this new year. I have so many goals/resolutions/projects that I want to accomplish. I think I am overwhelmed and I just need to focus on one thing at a time.
Some of these goals are:
-Finding an at-home part-time job
-De-cluttering and organizing my entire house
-Decorating each room
-Plant a garden (which means our yard needs to be done)
-Plan for and GO on a family vacation
-Go back to school
-Lose 30-50lbs.
-Learn to cook healthier
-Be better at my church calling
-Be a better Visiting Teacher
-Build my food storage
-Keep my blog updated
-etc.
-etc.
-etc.
Yeah, I told you, overwhelming. As you can see my number one goal is to find some way to help my family financially. I see the hard work my wonderful husband puts in to his job(s) and I am so thankful for him and everything he does for our family but the long hours he puts in to help our family financially is hurting our family relationships because he is gone all the time. I have a few things in the mix that I am working on, I recently signed up to be a demonstrator for Uppercase Living and I am really excited about it. I love their products and I get to get out of the house for a few hours and have a "girl's night" aka "open house" and introduce this cool company to other people. I'm not the selling type but this stuff sells itself so it has been a lot of fun so far. I am also still working on a custom photo card website, and hope to be able to have that up by summertime. On top of these two ventures I am still looking for a more permanent, consistent source of income and just applied to be an airline reservationist for JetBlue. It is an at-home job and I think that will be really great if it works out. I'll keep you posted.
....and that's what's up!
Who knew that summarizing what we're up to right NOW would take so long!? I guess it's a good thing I didn't try to do the whole last 7 months too! Thanks for reading!






3 comments:
I am so excited for your update! I have missed reading your blog. Anyway, you will have to tell me how the JetBlue thing works out. I have been told about it and just never have looked into it. Maybe if it is great, I could quit my job and do that too.
Wow! Jet Blue! I might be able to do that??? I hope it works out! Looks like no school next Fri. ...maybe we can do another GNO for these lil' monkiez?? lol.
Glad to read SOMETHING on ur blog!! Good shOb! he he he! ;p
your family is so sweet. good luck on your garden, I'm hoping to get one going too
Post a Comment